There is something magical about living high in the Sierras in a cozy home with warm knotty cedar siding complete with accents like hand-forged iron and hand-cut stonework.
Enter the home across Wyoming Stone walkway to the redwood plank porch through the mountain sized knotty Alder door. The soaring ceiling beckons you to the great room with an entry of real stone flooring and unique iron railings by local blacksmith artisan Jude Goodpaster.
Envision Light, Space & Nature
This upper level of the new home will be graced with the gourmet’s dream kitchen, a dining area and a living area. Imagine your family gathered around the large rustic island with hand chiseled edges and leather finish as you whip up a savory meal on your Viking Cooktop.
The guys are having beers chilled from your Beverage Center around the locally hand gathered raw granite boulder fireplace. The gals have the wine and appetizers laid out.
Later, retire to the privacy of your Master Suite and soak in the jetted tub, or take a long shower – your choice of 3 shower-head configurations.
On the lower level are 2 bedrooms with a family room. Enjoy quiet evenings that are just spent with family, pull out a game and snuggle up by the gas stove with the snow falling outside.
Hang out on the lower deck of the family room and enjoy gardening in the fresh mountain air with the sunny southern exposure in the large back yard.
Upper Level Amenities
- Gourmet Kitchen – Viking cooktop with griddle, beverage/wine cooler and convection oven/microwave, mountain sized hand chiseled granite island with knotty Alder custom cabinets that have a hand rubbed natural finish
- Large redwood deck off the kitchen
- Hand-crafted gas fireplace with locally gathered granite
- Large Master Suite with vaulted ceilings, a huge shower, and jetted tub finished with chiseled edge travertine tile and granite.
- Powder Room
- Grand entry with hand forged iron work and hand placed stone floor
- Soaring cedar knotty ceiling and beautiful knotty Alder accents throughout.
- Warm hickory hardwood flooring
- 7 foot oversized knotty Alder doors
Lower Level Amenities
- 2 car garage
- Family room downstairs with freestanding gas stove and large deck to back yard.
- Custom sliding over-sized alder barn door to family room
- 2 bedrooms, one with fun storage area & miniature door… great for all those legos!
- Full bath
- Laundry room
- Level lot for ease of access in winter
- Walking distance to Tahoe Donner Golf Course, pools, restaurant, and Market
Location, Location, Location
The Tahoe Donner Neighborhood Advantages
Conveniently located in the secluded Tahoe-Donner Neighborhood, just a
short drive from Historic Downtown Truckee, home ownership here comes with these family-friendly amenities:
Summer is Tahoe’s best-kept secret. The clear sunny days and ample outdoor activities make this a local favorite season. Choose the day’s adventure:
- Golf Tahoe Donner’s championship 18-hole course
- Explore the Sierra on horseback
- Camp next to Alder Creek
- Play a round of tennis
- Swim in the pool year-round at Trout Creek after your workout
- Paddleboard at the Beach Club Marina on Donner Lake
Tahoe Donner provides ample opportunity for everyone to get out and enjoy the winter wonderland that is the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- Explore the terrain at our world class Cross Country Center
- Downhill ski or snowboard at Tahoe Donner Downhill
- Laugh uncontrollably while sledding at Snowplay.
Tahoe Donner has two neighborhood restaurants, close to home to satisfy your appetite. In a beautiful setting amongst towering pines, The Lodge offers a classic bistro-style menu, with French and Pacific Rim influences, with nightly specials and entrées ranging from $9 to $30. Pizza On The Hill offers a family-friendly atmosphere with great pizza & seasonal ingredients, as well as rotisserie chicken, tri-tip, quesadillas and burritos.
For More Info on the Tahoe Donner Neighborhood: please visit the Tahoe Donner Website
Priced at $788,000