This Exceptional Property is Listed by Ann Nguyen
530.545.3458 MLS # 20102286
Lake Tahoe & Truckee: Living, Community, Real Estate Facebook Page
This custom home is graced throughout with hand-forged ironwork by local artisan blacksmith Jude Goodpaster.
Welcome to Pinnacle Loop!
Come home to cool mountain nights, warm summer days, and stay cozy in Chiaroscuro texture and warmth all winter long owning this custom home built by Goodpaster Construction in Truckee, California near Lake Tahoe.
Entry way is accented by an organic transition from slate to hickory hardwood, and the ironwork on the stair rail and accent arch.
Honoring art and hand-crafted techniques, the home abounds in accents of custom ironwork by Jude Goodpaster, Truckee’s local artisan blacksmith. All ironwork in the home, from the deck & staircase railings to copper kitchen hood, even small details like the bathroom towel and toilet paper racks, are one-of-a-kind.
Close-up of ironwork from the hallway arch.
Close-up of staircase railing.
As if the ironwork weren’t already enough of a nod to the unique, the exceptional stonework, striking beam and hand-milled newel post woodwork add texture and contrast, making this a visually comfortable place to make your home.
Besides the view for miles, the centerpiece of the great room is the stone fireplace with hand-forged insert.
Great Living: A Room with a View
Upon entry, the great room welcomes you home in caramel and natural tones… open to miles of mountain views. Settle in front of the massive stone fireplace, hang your wet mittens on the railroad tie hangers at intervals in the fireplace stone surround to dry, and cozy up for dinner simmering in the amazing open kitchen… complete with Italian Bertazzoni gas range, coveted by many, whether cook or chef.
Gorgeous gourmet kitchen will delight the cook and aesthete, boasting the hand-forged copper hood and 6-burner Bertazzoni range from Italy.
Close up of the hand-forged copper hood.
Don’t cook? That’s fine, you might just want to sit and admire the way the mountain light highlights your gorgeous copper sinks while sipping a Pinot from your private cellar. Several top-notch personal chefs in the local area would adore cooking in your kitchen.
Matching hammered and aged copper sinks add a rustic feel to an otherwise modernly appointed kitchen.
Great Room Amenities
- 6 gas burner Italian Bertazzoni range with Convection Oven
- Hand-forged copper & iron hood
- KitchenAid French door refrigerator, Energy Star
- KitchenAid Architect II Series Dishwasher, Energy Star
- KitchenAid Architect II Series Built-in Microwave Oven
- Beverage Center, KitchenAid Architect II Series
- 2 Hammered & Aged Copper Sinks
- Extra large walk-in pantry
- Spacious granite island for prep and serving
- Custom stone fireplace with hand-forged gas insert & heat blower for efficiency
- Hand-forged ironwork accents
- Rustic cherry cabinetry
Indulge & Satisfy: The Pinnacle of Relaxation
Everyone’s definition of relaxation differs… however, at the end of the day, a hot rain-water showerhead pounding on you, or a hot soak in a jetted tub elicits the same feeling from most.
Each of the 4.5 bathrooms is uniquely designed with different granite and artistic tile, the two master en-suite bathrooms boast spacious showers and jetted tubs.
Prefer a game of pool with wine tasting from your private cellar? The bonus room offers plenty of space for a home theater, pool table, gaming room, your choice. A gas stove nestled in gorgeous stonework hearth keeps you warm.
A game of pool? A home theater? A game room? Sky's the limit with this incredibly spacious bonus room.
The wine cellar is adjacent to the bonus room.
Or, settle down for a long read and hot tea in one of two ample master bedrooms. Guests and kids will be cozy in the other two rooms.
One of the spacious two master bedrooms that both have walk-in closets and en-suite baths.
Another master en-suite bath, showing an example of the unique tile work.
The choices vary and the lux appointments in bathrooms and bedrooms make you feel like you are at a Four Seasons resort… rather than a mountain cabin.
Amenities to Soothe for Rest & Play
- Two Master Suites with en-suite bathrooms and walk-in closets
- Two other spacious bedrooms
- Private patio off one Master Suite
- 4.5 custom slat, granite and artistically tiled bathrooms, each uniquely designed
- Wine cellar with cedar rack system to hold several hundred bottles
- Bonus Room: create your own play area: Pool Room, Theater or Game Room
Close-up of the undulating railing on the deck off the great room.
Light and views for miles in this Artisan Mountain Masterpiece
Practicalities: Living Smart & Well
As gorgeous a house may be, the practical amenities are just as important as the ambiance:
- Vaulted ceilings add to the light and airy atmosphere
- Rustic cherry cabinets throughout home
- Extra tall custom milled knotty alder doors
- Hickory Flooring in great room
- Large laundry room with ample storage space
- 2 Car Garage
- Gas plumbed to front deck for grill or outdoor firepit
- Beam Central Vacuum System
- Copper slate in entrance to fend off ice and snow in winter
- Ample storage in closets and cabinets
Green Features that help cut maintenance costs:
- Composite Deck Material
- Spray Foam Insulation
- High Efficiency Furnace
- Low E Windows
- Energy Star® Appliances
- Low or No VOC Paints
Location, Location, Location:
The Tahoe Donner Neighborhood Advantages
Conveniently located in the secluded Tahoe-Donner Neighborhood, just a short drive from Historic Downtown Truckee, home ownership here comes with these family-friendly amenities:
Summer is Tahoe’s best-kept secret. The clear sunny days and ample outdoor activities make this a local favorite season. Choose the day’s adventure:
- Golf Tahoe Donner’s championship 18-hole course
- Explore the Sierra on horseback
- Camp next to Alder Creek
- Play a round of tennis
- Swim in the pool year-round at Trout Creek after your workout
- Paddleboard at the Beach Club Marina on Donner Lake
Tahoe Donner provides ample opportunity for everyone to get out and enjoy the winter wonderland that is the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- Explore the terrain at our world class Cross Country Center
- Downhill ski or snowboard at Tahoe Donner Downhill
- Laugh uncontrollably while sledding at Snowplay.
Tahoe Donner has two neighborhood restaurants, close to home to satisfy your appetite. In a beautiful setting amongst towering pines, The Lodge offers a classic bistro-style menu, with French and Pacific Rim influences, with nightly specials and entrées ranging from $9 to $30. Pizza On The Hill offers a family-friendly atmosphere with great pizza & seasonal ingredients, as well as rotisserie chicken, tri-tip, quesadillas and burritos.
For More Info on the Tahoe Donner Neighborhood: please visit the Tahoe Donner Website
Click here to see a Virtual Tour of this home.
Listing Price: $1,300,000
More Photos of this Amazing Home:
A wider kitchen view from the great room.
View off the deck
Close-up of bonus room stove and raw slate hearth.
Spacious laundry room with plenty of counter space and storage.
Another example of each bathroom's unique design, this full bath is off the bonus room.
Close-up of one of the master's tile work